1. This Happy in Memphis video that makes me…Happy!
2. Getting into the TCS NYC Marathon.
You can read all about it here.
I still can’t believe it’s really happening.
3. Partnering up with Nuun to review their newly released Nuun energy. I can’t wait to try it!!
4. Our home for the last week:
As many of you know we sold our house. You can read about it here. The home selling process was a breeze. Lucky us! The home buying process has been close to a nightmare. We are moving to a very competing and sought after area of town. We have had offers and contracts on 3 different houses. We are finally set to close on our
fingers and toes crossed new home next Wednesday. Needless to say we will walk away from this a much closer family. Literally and figuratively. 5 people, 1 room. Memories.
5. A blessing in disguise…
Even though I’ve had my fair share of complaints about our current living situation, I am so grateful for these precious moments we are getting as a family. Love.
I’m going to be that person today.
1. First and foremost I am most thankful for the mighty God that I serve. I am thankful that I live in a country where I can worship him freely. I am thankful for my faith, my Church and most of all that I am raising little believers with their Christian father. Thank you , God.
2. My husband. There is so much I could say and I could be really sappy but “don’t nobody got time for that”. He is my rock and he is my safe place. There is nobody on this earth more proud of him than me.
3. My children would be such a cliche number 3 answer. While I am so thankful for my children, I am most thankful for the health of my children. After the last few months that we have had, where we were so boldly reminded that good health is not something to take for-granted, now more than ever I am thankful for healthy children that I have been blessed with.
4. My Friends. While of course I am thankful for my family, I am also thankful for my friends who have become so much like my family. I have really been shown just what great friends I have lately. Some I talk to every once in a while but they always show up at just the right time, some I talk to once a week and some everyday. I love them all so much and I must say they are all pretty amazing. I am humbled by their kindness and their love for me and my family. I pray this Thanksgiving that they all know just how thankful I am for each and every one of them. Yes, I’m talking to you… 🙂
5. Another very cliche answer but something that means so much to me. Our home. I’m so thankful that we were able to buy our first home 2 years ago. I am excited to host Thanksgiving at our house this year. I’m thankful for the memories that we are making here. It’s not always tidy and it’s not always clean, I pick it apart with its imperfections and complain about it’s quirks. But, at the end of the day it is my favorite place. I will choose staying in vs. going out any day. I take advantage of the fact that I have a nice, safe place to live and I need to be reminded more often just how much I have to be thankful for.
What 5 things are you thankful for?
It’s been a long 2 months of no “Friday’s Five” posts and boy have I missed you. I’m baaaaaaaaacccckkkkk!
1. Our Halloween was so much fun this year. Despite the crummy weather, we were able to trick-or-treat. Every year seems to be more fun than the last. Here we are as a family of Minions:
2. This —–> (http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=f63562b3be485ea0ae33acf18&id=7bf7911fd7&e=e33c6e9892) Proverbs 31 devotion that really hit home this week. I’ve gone back and referenced it many times. It seems like so many people around me are dealing with their own hardships and battles, my heart literally aches for them. I love that our God is a God of redemption. A God that restores my faith in Him every SINGLE time I grow weary. Thank You, God.
3. This OPI nail polish that is so out of my comfort zone. I started out doing it on just my ring finger paired with Essie’s Vested Interest but now I have done it on all of them and I am LOVING it.
Mariah Carey Autumn Fall 2013 Nail Polish Collection – All Sparkly And Gold
4. Finishing up our first year of Football for #1. We always knew football would be “his sport” and he has been counting down the years until he could play. I have been so amazed by him and proud of him this season. Big things are in store for my little 18 and I can’t wait to have a front row seat.
5. This youtube video that I stumbled across on FB. It gives me chills everytime I hear it. AMAZING!
There is one for Men too:
Raising both boys and a girl, I pray pray pray that I can instill every word of these videos into each of their little hearts. Parenting is hard, y’all. Being a kid is harder.
1. One month with this sweet little thing. One month of no sleep and practically a walking zombie that I wouldn’t trade for anything in the world. (Except maybe a nap)
2. Fall is in the air! My favorite favorite season of all!! I’ve stocked up on a couple of fall polishes already. So far I’m loving Lost on Lombard by OPI and After School Boy Blazer by Essie.
3. This book by Lisa TerKeurst has more than gotten me through this first month of Kindergarten/new baby/stay at home toddler. I highly recommend it.
Yes, yes I am. Kidding!! I’m not- kind of.
4. Thank you baby Jesus for this stuffed animal that’s noises put my baby to sleep. I could honestly kiss this stuffed sheep on the mouth! I have the regular sized one right now but I am off to purchase the on the go one today, too!
5. The first Home Game in Oxford. So sad that we can’t be there due to #1 having his own football game tomorrow but our hearts definitely will be. And after last weeks big win I’m sure the atmosphere will be better than ever. Go Rebs! Hotty Toddy!!
1. A wonderful and relaxing Memorial Day Weekend at the Lake with my favorite boys.
2. McDonald’s Chocolate Chip Frappe. Probably the best thing my taste buds have ever experienced. I’m obsessed.
3. A shorter new haircut. I love it and think I am going to go even shorter in the next few weeks!
4. Will and I are new to this “Duck Dynasty” trend. I think we’ve watched every episode from seasons 1,2 and 3 in the last few months. Will got me both Willie and Korie and Phil’s books for Mother’s Day. I’m currently reading Willie and Korie’s and I can’t put it down. There is so much story behind the story and I’m really just fascinated with this family and their self made empire. If you are looking for a good read, I highly recommend it.
5. Celebrating my mom turning the big “50” this week. She hates when I put pictures of her on social media/the Internet but you only turn 50 once!! I love you, Mom! 🙂
1. I’m loving the 31 diaper bag I ordered for Dixie. I’m kind of obsessed with their new “Party Punch” pattern
2. HAP lost tooth number 3 earlier this week. He looks so funny with that big gap right in the front.
3. I finally got my deck “Summer Ready” this week! Yay!! Much later than I like, but after an unusually wet and cold spring, I’ll take what I can get.
4. Hayden officially had his last day of preschool on Tuesday. It’s Friday and we are all still alive. Maybe there is hope for us yet! Bring on the summer…
His first and last day of preschool. Looks like he’s grown a foot!
5. In T minus 5 hours, I will be staring at this for the next 3 days! This picture was taken on memorial weekend last year. They haven’t changed that much from behind! 🙂
1. A week full of wins for our Grizzlies. It’s so nice to have our city that is usually full of controversy and political mishaps brought together by some positive light and celebration! Go Grizz!!
2. A Mother’s Day weekend spent with my Mama and precious kiddos. And some sweet new kicks that I can’t wait to test out on the road once my uterus is baby free.
3. 29 weeks and counting… Baby Dixie is going to make her debut before we know it! We got a glimpse at her precious little face this week and it makes me that much more anxious to hold my sweet girl.
4. Celebrating another year of Marriage with my awesome hubby. I would get all sappy here but ill keep it short. I thank God everyday for him. I am so blessed with a wonderful life and it is most in part to him. I look forward to 50 years more…
5. Speaking of sappy… Class of 2026??!! 😦 no way! I’m hoping its because I’m pregnant and all the hormones but every time I think of sending this little guy off to Kindergarten in the fall I turn into a big ball of emotions. There’s nothing like the love between you and your first born and I’m not quite sure this mama is ready to let go quite yet. That’s what they make summer for right? 10 weeks at home and no school and I’ll be shipping him off to Kindergarten with a smile. But for now, ill continue to dread it and look at his baby pictures! *tear tear*