I’m going to be that person today.
1. First and foremost I am most thankful for the mighty God that I serve. I am thankful that I live in a country where I can worship him freely. I am thankful for my faith, my Church and most of all that I am raising little believers with their Christian father. Thank you , God.
2. My husband. There is so much I could say and I could be really sappy but “don’t nobody got time for that”. He is my rock and he is my safe place. There is nobody on this earth more proud of him than me.
3. My children would be such a cliche number 3 answer. While I am so thankful for my children, I am most thankful for the health of my children. After the last few months that we have had, where we were so boldly reminded that good health is not something to take for-granted, now more than ever I am thankful for healthy children that I have been blessed with.
4. My Friends. While of course I am thankful for my family, I am also thankful for my friends who have become so much like my family. I have really been shown just what great friends I have lately. Some I talk to every once in a while but they always show up at just the right time, some I talk to once a week and some everyday. I love them all so much and I must say they are all pretty amazing. I am humbled by their kindness and their love for me and my family. I pray this Thanksgiving that they all know just how thankful I am for each and every one of them. Yes, I’m talking to you… 🙂
5. Another very cliche answer but something that means so much to me. Our home. I’m so thankful that we were able to buy our first home 2 years ago. I am excited to host Thanksgiving at our house this year. I’m thankful for the memories that we are making here. It’s not always tidy and it’s not always clean, I pick it apart with its imperfections and complain about it’s quirks. But, at the end of the day it is my favorite place. I will choose staying in vs. going out any day. I take advantage of the fact that I have a nice, safe place to live and I need to be reminded more often just how much I have to be thankful for.
What 5 things are you thankful for?