Is it really June?! Hello Summer! Where has the first 5 months of this year gone?
I don’t know about you, but I have a really hard time meal planning in the warm months. We spend a majority of our day outside and nothing ever sounds wonderful at the end of a long, hot day and the last place you want to be is in the kitchen cooking! We are out of town every weekend but one this month so I broke my meal plan down by weeks. It just seemed easier. Here it is:
- Hamburgers – I used 3lbs. ground beef, one dry Italian seasoning packet, salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder to taste with a couple of tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce. We found these instructions for “The Perfect Burger” a while back and we have used it ever since when grilling. The burgers really do turn out great everytime! I eat mine sans bun with A1 sauce…
- Roasted Red Pepper and Ranch Pasta (I am going to add Chicken to this recipe) – recipe found here
- Shrimp and Grits – This is such an easy, quick weeknight meal. I totally cheat by using a bag of medium frozen shrimp. I sauté it with some onion, butter, salt, pepper and minced garlic. I throw a couple of packets of grits on the stove and you are done. We usually pair it with Texas Toast or Biscuits.
- French Dip – recipe found here
- Pizza – as in Little Caesar’s new deep dish pepperoni for $8. A new family favorite around here. If you haven’t tried it, go get one now…you’ll thank me later!
- Sourcream Chicken – my mom’s recipe. I’ll do a post on it this month.
What’s on your menu this month?!