Rabbit, Rabbit. It’s May 1st.
Is it just me or is this year FLYING by?? Time, slow down a little. May brings lots of fun stuff for the Parker family. We have weddings, end of school programs (I won’t go on and on about how my big boy is graduating preschool *tear*), luncheons, anniversaries, birthdays, baseball, soccer, swimming lessons and my favorite … the beginning of LAKE SEASON!! From Memorial Day until Baby D’s arrival that’s where you will find us on the weekends and I cannot wait! So, needless to say with all that we have going on, it means less meal planning and cooking for this mama. I’ll take it. Here’s what’s on the menu this month:
- Meatball Sliders
- Taco Pizza
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Chicken, Mushroom, Broccoli and Rice Casserole
- Skinny Sour Cream Enchiladas
- Burgers — it’s almost summer time which means we are outside until dark on most days. So we LOVE to grill. I’m thinking I may do the burgers on the Sister Shubert wheat rolls instead of buns this time for a little twist.
- Chicken and Dumplings – yup, the same recipe I posted last month and went on and on about. I’m pregnant, remember. We find something we like and eat it over and over and over until we cant eat it anymore. Which, is exactly what I plan on doing with these Chicken and Dumplings.
- Sausage, Potatoes and Green Bean Foil Packets – I saw this on Pinterest as a camping/grilling recipe. I think I am just going to throw it all in the crock pot though and call it a day. Simple and delicious.
- Fried Green Tomato BLT’s
- Breakfast for dinner
Now on to make the dreaded grocery list and tackle the grocery store with 2 kiddos that would rather be anywhere else. Wish me luck!